Sister Sommers

Monday, October 7, 2013

Tornado Sirens, and the Still Small Voice

Well my training went really good! I was able to give a talk in front of the other missionaries the other day! Elder Rollenberg talked first, and then it was my turn. I didn't feel nervous at all, I just got up and let the spirit speak. Everyone said it was really good, and Elder Summers kept referring back to it, when he gave his talk afterward. Even Sister Weston, the President's wife, came up to me and said she was super impressed with me!!

Oh! General Conference was really good; we watched it at the stake center. :)

So, my companion is going home soon but you wouldn't even know it because she is a sister training leader, so she is in charge of 6 of the other sisters' companionships. We are always going on exchanges every week, which are  a lot of fun and we have leadership meetings we have to go to which are also fun.

I am so lucky because I get to do all of the exchanges which most new missionary don't get  to do until they are out longer, so I am so blessed to do it.

Last Monday we got invited over to  a member's house for dinner and for family night. They had one of their friends over who is not a member of our church so they asked us to teach a lesson to her about the Book of Mormon, and the plan of salvation. It was not the most spiritual experience, because the entire lesson their 3 kids were running around and being really loud. So when we were done we asked her if she would read the Book Of Mormon and she said no. We didn't give up though, and we started testifying about the Book of Mormon and how it would bless her life, luckily the kids ran off somewhere, and it became really quiet and the sprit was strong. We asked her again if she would read it and she said yes. And after she said yes the kids came running back in! It was a really cool experience.

On Wednesday the tornado sirens started going off, and it was really loud. We had to take cover, and
I guess a tornado touched down 12 miles from us, and there were flash flood warning too.

Despite all that, things are going really good and I am so happy that I am serving a mission.

I love you all, and keep your letters coming ;)

Sister Sommers

No comments:

Post a Comment